Kevin Hattin realised early in his career the only way to guarantee a consistently high level of workmanship and professionalism was to own and manage his own business.
Starting out as Kevin Hattin Builder in 1986, he then formed Update Renovate, which has become a trusted family design and construction company over the last 30 years. Kevin is proud of the strong reputation he and his team have built up over this period, along with his strong base of referrals and repeat customers.
Three generations of the Hattin family have worked with Update Renovate. Kevin’s father Norm Hattin worked as an Industrial Engineer and in the drafting industry for over 50 years. He then worked for Update Renovate for a number of years up until his 70s, before officially retiring in 2010. Norm’s passion for the industry remained strong and he continued to work one day a week for Update Renovate up until Ray returned to fill the Drafting and Estimating Role. We have truly valued his experience, skills, wisdom and humour over the years.
After completing his apprenticeship in 2009 and gaining industry experience in drafting and estimating Ray Hattin has taken over Norms role and undertaken a management position working alongside his father Kevin running Update Renovate Pty Ltd.
At Update Renovate our Brisbane building renovation and extension company has grown and evolved over the years but our goals and services have remained the same, to provide a comprehensive design and construction service and maintain our exceptional standards, attention to detail and personal service.
Our commitment to our customers is to:
- Provide a personal service focused on honesty, reliability, promptness and minimising disruption for customers
- Obligation – Free discussion and estimate with registered builder (not a salesman)
- Creative and Innovative Plans and Designs to suit your home and budget
- Ensure extensions are successfully integrated with the original design of the customers’ home. We always strive to make the extension look like it’s been part of the overall design of the house – seamless.
- Provide a comprehensive design and construction service taking care of every aspect of the planning, approvals and construction to ensure there are no hidden costs and the project is completed to an exceptional standard, without delay.
- Providing a specialist skilled and experienced team to construct your home improvement and renovation
- Keep our customers informed and provide assistance with selections throughout the process
- Address and rectify issues immediately should they arise
- Give our customers a lifelong commitment, where we strive to avail our services for future work, no matter how large or small the job is.
Our vision for Update Renovate is not to grow but to maintain our family business structure to ensure we continue to provide exceptional personal service, quality and attention to detail.
We aim to continue building our large referral base and maintain our market share growth in South East Queensland by consistently striving for quality in workmanship and exceptional customer service. This growth will also be achieved through the continued employment of committed, experienced professionals who share our company ideals.
We will also continue our program of recruiting, training and developing apprentices. Our professional tradesmen will have continued access to advanced training through our company to ensure that they have the opportunity to develop their skills and that they are up to date with industry requirements.